Monday 8 September 2014

Antwerp: an autumn day in Boekenbergpark



I wish I could tell you that I took a trip to visit my old city, Antwerp, in Belgium (one of these days I plan to), but I took these photos in a small park called Boekenbergpark when we still lived there. I had completely forgotten all about them until I stumbled upon an old blog draft and remembered that I had meant to share them. The park is in the south-east part of the city, north of the airport. I remember us walking on a beautiful, sunny autumn day, then sitting on a bench were we enjoyed light refreshments with that old stone bridge in the last photo right in front of us. Memories ...


photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt
Boekenbergpark, Antwerp, October 2011

6 comments:

  1. Awww...Antwerp memories are so special! Let's meet there one day to visit our old hometown!!
    Have a beautiful week~

    Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is the best idea I have heard today ;-)

      Delete
  2. So, you were mentioned to me recently and here I found you on somebody else's blog roll so here I am now!How odd I am working on a POST about ANTWERP right now.........will publish in about a week or so!Love your photos............I will sign up for your POSTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos to welcome autumn. Every time you talk about Antwerp it's obvious you had a wonderful time there and such fond memories of the place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! I love the last photo!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.