Wednesday 4 June 2014

Summer living | Vive l'été



Remember my SUMMER LIVING | VIVE L'ÉTÉ series that I started last summer? I have been waiting to pick up where I left off because I loved pulling together images from various directions to create what to me feels like the perfect summer mood. With my Wi-Fi horrible (the italics mean you have to read this phrase in French) I'm not going to tell you how much patience I needed to create this particular post, where I'm giving the sailing sport and menswear a well deserved space on the blog. There is no need to add any words to these images, I think they tell their own story, and that's the way I would like to keep the series this summer.


Whatever you do this summer, make it one to remember!

photo credit:
1, 3, 6: Carlo Borlenghi, Perini Navi Cup 2009 via Yacht OnLine + SeaWayBlog | 2: Stewart Shining | 4-5: Hermès Spring 2014 Menswear Collection via Style.com | 6: Boutique Au nom de la rose flower shop in Paris | 7: Peter Lindbergh for Vogue US, June 2014 • Caroline Trentini + Louis Garrel in 'Roman Holiday' styled by Grace Coddington + Michael Philouze via The Fashionisto

8 comments:

  1. Lately you have become my virtual travel escape - even though I keep traveling back and forth, your dreamy posts make me wish to become 'an idle traveler' (like the title of a book I own)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A virtual travel escape, you say. I think that may be the best praise ever!
      I think I may need to check out that book ;-)

      Delete
  2. I want to pack my bags and leave on a boat trip! I've just been to the movies (I offered myself a two-hour break in the middle of the day) to see The Two Faces of January, starring Kirsten Dunst and Viggo Mortensen (I wanted to see it as it's an adaptation after another novel by Patricia Highsmith and because I wanted to have a look at the costumes - beautiful) and the plot is mainly placed in Greece and its islands, so I was already in a "take me away" mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinema escaping … what a great way to break up the day. I recently saw an interview with Dunst and a little clip from the film. Hope you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. Dear Lisa,

    First of all, wish you a smooth unpacking; glad to hear you've found a place that could be your more or less permanent home!
    Secondly, if preparing this post required loads of patience, rest assured that the result is much appreciated – so wonderful to have such a fresh summery break in the middle of a rainy day in the office!
    Finally, I wouldn't mind wearing those two Hermès outfits myself, provided they were my (women's) size. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Inga, I'm glad to hear the magic of the post worked. Wouldn't mind having these outfits myself … in women's sizes ;-)
      Here's to a sunny summer!

      Delete
  4. Hi Lisa - even if I didn't know it was your blog I would know it was yours by that sailing photo - I love the mood you capture here! It makes me want to get splashed by the cold ocean while wearing beautiful clothes on a yacht! Lol. Hoping your internet is less horrible soon ;)

    Hugs,
    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind getting splashed either! I cannot wait to go to the seaside this summer … and hopefully sailing in our boat on some lake/canal.

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.