Wednesday 21 May 2014

Outdoor living

Outdoor living is a temporary series on the blog that contains stylish outdoor living areas and sometimes al fresco table settings. It's about celebrating the season of summer!


I'm sitting on the floor in our empty house writing the last blog post from the West Midlands. All our stuff is on its way to South Yorkshire and tomorrow the unpacking starts!

Last week I started this new series, which is a seasonal one on the blog, with a neutral outdoor living area. This week, however, I'm feeling colours. This charming reading nook on a terrace somewhere in Spain has my heart beating faster. I love that pinkish coral shade of the textiles and the contrasting stripes. The pergola with all that greenery looks magical. I wouldn't mind spending my day there with a book and refreshments.

I had to show you the space from another angle, through the bedroom window.


The house, designed by architects Lluís Auquer and Ferran Prats, and interior designer Pepe Cortés, was featured in El Mueble. Last year I pinned its outdoor seating area and in this post I just had to include the gorgeous dining area, which has me swooning.

Because of the moving I'm taking a blog break until Monday. Have a wonderful week!


photo credit:
El Mueble

11 comments:

  1. A very cozy place indeed. Have a safe and smooth move (not so hectic and difficult as my one was)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Luckily this is a smooth move!

      Delete
  2. Oh Lisa, outdoor living is really a catch word today - it's almost 30 degrees C here and I would like to skip all my to-dos and just spend the day out in the sun. Or in the patio of this Spanish dream retreat...well, happy day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous day as well over here and I'm spending it cleaning! Enjoy the warm weather!

      Delete
  3. Happy safe moving, it is an Indian summer here, this past week has been so warm and sunny, perfect for outdoor living and dining. The photos look so inviting:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy Paula … Indian summer, nice!

      Delete
  4. Can I join you on that terrace for refreshments? We're having wonderful weather and last evening was spent on a terrace, but not as charming as this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful every one...I'd love to be sitting read a good book in the top picture with a glass of something cool...perfect!
    Have a happy weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I adore this little nook. Happy moving and Happy Monday xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anya. It was a happy moving but the unpacking … not always happy ;-)

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.