Saturday 22 September 2012

welcome autumn


There is something in the air. I'm feeling so excited about the arrival of autumn, which is the exact opposite of how I felt about it last year. I guess an upcoming short trip to Paris has something to do with it, but it's not only the Paris trip; there is just something about this autumn that I can't fully explain. Maybe it's about experiencing this season in a new country, with a garden that has apples and grapes. Maybe it's all the wonderful books I'm reading and the September issues on my coffee table. Maybe it's the walk or bicycle ride with the children to and from school - the routine.

On Friday last week we went into the city and visited the library for the first time. I wish we had gone sooner because it's a good one with great selection. It's located right in the city centre where are all the shops are so there is no traffic. There is even a sushi place above the library! Books + sushi = heaven. We plan to make it a tradition to go to the library every other week and it's on the agenda later today. First, let's take in autumn scenes from Paris.


Did anyone recognise the chapter in photo no. 2? That would be the beginning of Ernest Hemingway's Moveable Feast, one of the books I got at the library. It's about Hemingway's experience of 1920s Paris and it's hard to put it down. The man in photo no. 4 is Scott Schuman or The Sartorialist. It's a spread from his new book The Sartorialist: Closer that arrived in the mail yesterday. It was a belated birthday present from a close friend in Iceland and such a wonderful addition to my coffee table books. It's funny but I didn't realise until after taking the photo that the photo of him was taken in Paris, in September 2009.

I follow many amazing bloggers that inspire me on a daily basis but this week my favourite post was by Petra of Indivisualism who shared the work of photographer Peter Lindbergh for the J.Lindeberg biannual book / AW 2012, called 'The Documentary and a Dream'. It has beautiful black and white photography and a short video.

Have a wonderful weekend dear readers and blog friends!

photo credit:
01 Melanie Alexandra on Etsy / 02 & 04 Lisa Hjalt / 03 & 05 Vita Nostra on Etsy

11 comments:

  1. you are going to Paris. lucky you!!! it's going to be wonderful. and now I might try to get 'a moveable feast'. I wanted to read that for ages.

    happy weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris in Autumn? That sounds pretty wonderful and inspiring to me! Of course, I look forward to reading about and seeing all your inspirations from that very special city. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have a wonderful time in Paris, the photos you posted are lovely. I just love autumn, the colours are so rich and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to visit Paris in any season:)
    Autumn and Spring are very special though, I love the changing seasons.
    Autumn in Europe is spectacular.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Love Wendy from sunny Sydney in the spring:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, Lisa, especially the last photo! Makes me want to book an autumn trip to Paris right now. So excited for your upcoming visit. Happy weekend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paris is Autumn looks just as beautiful as Paris in Spring. I hope you have a lovely time. We are supposed to be entering into Spring but it is a grey and windy day. Ugh! I need some Spring to put a spring in my step :) x Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've enjoyed autumn very much so far and the pictures you've chosen reflect the beautiful weather we've had and my mood perfectly. Paris in autumn must be a wonderful experience. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, Paris in autumn has to be an extraordinary experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. someday i hope to be able to take similar pictures. such a dream of mine to be in paris of autumn! paris in spring and summer and winter too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.