Friday 9 December 2011

christmas cottage


Who's with me to this gorgeous cottage? We've talked about the option of renting a cottage over Christmas but I need a guarantee that everything will be spotless (I believe it's my constitutional right ... and if it isn't, it should be!) and that the kitchen has a clean oven and contains everything I need to prepare the Christmas meals. And I'm not talking about pots, pans and spoons only; I need a food processor and the whole kitchen appliance package! And a fireplace! (Yeah, I'm demanding, just let it go will ya!) It's so easy to post beautiful photos of something online and then offer the complete opposite and I'll let no one ruin my Christmas mood with that kind of marketing trick. So, if a cottage owner is reading this and can promise me what I ask for then I'm ready to spend Christmas 2012 in a cottage, hallelujah!

Have you ever rented a cottage over Christmas?

There were many interesting fragrance ideas in the comments yesterday, even mentioning of perfumes that I had totally forgotten about. Thank you. And yes, I'm feeling better, I still have a cold but I'm getting my groove back.

Have a fabulous Friday!

photo credit:
Spike Powell for Country Homes & Interiors

YouTube: She & Him / Rockin' around the Christmas tree
(she: Zooey Deschanel, he: M. Ward)


14 comments:

  1. I´m totally with you with the spotless demand - I hate coming to places like these when they don´t feel clean!

    I´ve never spent Christmas on any other place than home, but I´m sure it´s really cozy in a cottage with a fireplace and all. I hope you´ll get something you´ll like! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're feeling better Lisa! I'll move into this cottage in a flash for Christmas, it looks perfect! Have a happy weekend!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh lovely - but we will also stay in our house - clean, with everything I need in the kitchen, fireplace and lots of cosy christmas lights and decoration.
    Best of all we can relax and don't have to worry if we got every little Lego block with us or it hides under the bed ;o)) and the kids are missing it when you are well home ;o))))
    Nice friday to you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lisa,
    what a place to be!Wonderful! But no, I never did rent a cottage for xmas holidays, but this might have the reason of being late renting one....
    Every time when I get into this special xmas mood,is every cottage or chalet in the alps already rented. So...I guess...I will never see such a cozy hideaway from the inside in winter time... ;)

    I wish you luck and happy weeks until xmas comes!

    Beate

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you find a cottage just like this one in the photo, can I join you? :) We've never rented a cottage for Christmas. It's become a tradition to spend it with my parents as they live in another town and I don't get to see them that often. And cooking together at home is one of the best parts of Christmas. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, Lisa. Enjoy your weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful place! I would like to have this cottage!!!!
    Wish you a wonderful weekend,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, to rent a cottage for christmas, I wish I had the money to do it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear ya sister! Yes, we once rented a cottage 11 years ago in Padstow Cornwall and it was lovely but it is so random whether you get a good one or not. If there are lots of you and you need a big place, try groupaccommodation.com
    Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, hope you are feeling better now. What a simply gorgeous cottage. Find the 'one' you are after and count me in!! I'll entertain the kids while you do the cooking, as no one wants me in the kitchen! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute place. Love the color theme of the tree!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not at all too much to ask for...Good luck with your search.
    Helen:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you find one, girl! I have the same problem, I find it really hard to adjust to another place, let along perform tasks I usually do at my own (cooking is definitely one of them..). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be there in an instant! We rented a cottage a few years ago in the winter and it was just lovely. Hope you're having a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great image... We're renting a cottage this year for the first time in Ireland, super excited!
    Nice blog, will be back!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.