Wednesday 6 July 2011

for the ladies out there


These images have been haunting me lately so I had to create a collage for all the ladies out there. If only these Chanel shoes were mine! And I don't have to remind you of the love I have for long silk curtains ... sigh!

Today, hubby surprised us with a day off from work so we're thinking about driving south to Lake Genval and spend the day relaxing and enjoying the beautiful scenery by the water. But before the road trip we need coffee and croissants.

When we get home I'm giving my gang a taste of the sorbet I made yesterday. Well, because I don't have an ice cream maker (I need one!) I guess my sorbet would be called granita. It looks good in the freezer but not quite as I intended it. Alright, alright, I have a sorbet confession to make: I forgot to add the raw cane sugar to the saucepan with the berries and water. I measured it but forgot to add it! In my defence, I did add the agave nectar. It wasn't until I had puréed everything in the food processor and was preparing it for the freezer that I saw the innocent bowl with the sugar on the kitchen scale. So, I simply put everything to the saucepan again. But this only means I have more experiments to do. By the way, we had a wonderful day in the park yesterday, the muffins tasted oh so good and everyone was happy. Maybe I'll share with you some photos.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday!

photo credit:
top-left: Martha Stewart
top-right: Lauren Nicole Love via decor8
bottom-left: unknown source via Going to the Chapel/Tumblr
bottom-right: sköna hem
(with a little help from Pinterest)

7 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous Lisa! I'm most definitely a lady too so this entire post speaks to me. Love those curtains, flowers make my heart skip a beat and I think I nearly fainted from those gorgeous Chanel shoes. Just heavenly! And please do post photos of your sorbet. It's my favorite summer treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this looks so lovely and girly. Love the Chanel sandals, what beauties! How wonderful you get to spend the day at Lake Genval. hope it's sunny! I'm sure the sorbet tastes delicious, even taking into consideration your funny confession. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Swoon*
    Such a pretty salmon color and those shoes are indeed perfection :)

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lisa,
    I love this pretty color!
    I made 3 sorbets today, for my guests tomorrow :-)!
    Hugs,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. the shoes are really feminine, in fact the entire collage you made is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a heavenly post <3 a weakness for women. Hope your day at the lake was wonderful and that your granita/ice-cream experiment turned out deliciously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, sounds like fun and completely refreshing! Pretty post, too, I must say...

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.