Wednesday 9 March 2011

i love surprises

Yesterday morning when I was still in my new-camera bliss the postman rang the bell and brought me a package from Amazon. I hadn't ordered anything so I opened it with much excitement and found in it Nigella's new cookbook, Kitchen. I almost pulled a Tom Cruise – jumped for joy on the sofa – because it has been on my wish list since its publication and a very thoughtful friend of mine in London decided to make my day.

My five-year old has already found a vanilla and strawberry cake, a three layer one, he wants me to try out. I have to agree with him, it looks insanely delicious. It probably takes forever to make but we don't worry about such insignificant details.

photo credit: LatteLisa

10 comments:

  1. Oh, what a very sweet idea!!! :)
    The cover looks inviting to me, too....I heard of Nigella, but don`t have a cookbook of her.
    So, I think the next days you are not running out of new and delicious recipes, Lisa! :))

    Have a nice & sunny day! Beate XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading about experiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice gesture! Have fun with the cooking! :) Ada

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your cook book and your camera, is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice surprise! I always really enjoy watching Nigella cooking on television, her receipes look so easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Nigella! I love Nigella and all her recipes! You lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A cookbook - I just love cook books - and especially the ones with cakes ;o) Hope to see your dinners on the blog made from the recipes ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lucky girl! I want this one on my rack one day as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a very pleasant surprise, I can imagine you'd do a Tom Cruise over it. I'm also not familiar with her (and not with standing in the kitchen for so many hours in a row). But I wish you very much pleasure with it and successfully cooked delighting meals. Would love to see photo's...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,Lisa

    I love to watch Nigella's program , her recipes are always mouth watering. And your surprise was great.
    kisses
    mari

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.