Thursday 24 February 2011

antwerp & rosemary

Today was one of those accidental shopping days with lunch & latte. Hubby had the day off so we went into town and found ourselves in a really nice shop called Dille & Kamille, getting all kinds of wonderful small items for the home, mainly the kitchen. The weather was just perfect, mild and rainy looking without the rain, and Antwerp was in exceptionally good spirits. I believe cities and places have their good and bad days, just like the rest of us. Well, today Antwerp was simply fabulous; it was one of those days when I fall a little bit more in love with the city. I admit that the Italian lunch with my man and my take away latte had something to do with that, and of course the things we bought.

So, now I'm in the kitchen with my new apron admiring the red check napkin we bought, just like the one hanging from the drawer in the image below. It got me into a French mood so I decided to make baked potatoes with rosemary and garlic.

I don't know what it is with rosemary, it always reminds me of French cuisine.

PS. I fell in love with this floor lamp in Habitat today. When I got home I saw that one of my favourite bloggers, Will at Bright.Bazaar, blogged about the lamp shade today.

photo credit: Alexandre Réty for Art & Décoration

6 comments:

  1. Ooh that sounds so nice!! I love shopping at Dille & Kamille, fabulous store and perfect to spend hours in. I always wonder were lot's of stuff is meant for;) Love the French look from the red checkered napkin. And speaking of France, Paris is going to be such a delight to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! It stirs my appetite for cooking something delicious. It's a feeling in the air about Paris these days. Another craving...Have a lovely evening, Lisa!:)
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog :) i'm gonna visit it again :)

    come and check out my blog :)
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2187105/glamourgirl
    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The checkered napkin is great, and your day sounds like an awesome break from day-to-day routine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So warm and beautiful...
    Thank you for the links I know bright bazaar and is stunning! But no dille and kamille wich is gorgeous. Nice weekend ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, sounds like the perfect day to me :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.