Monday 4 August 2014

my new ceramic vase



Let me introduce you to my ceramic Portuguese vase. I fell flat for it in Walkers Nurseries (close by). Now it's sitting on the coffee table with the books but it's intended for our entrance when the console table is ready. A is going to build it instead of us trying to find one that fits. The two long console tables in these spaces, see here and here, are my entrance inspiration. At Walkers they were so kind to give me the branches in the vase and then I bought the silk one you see in the foreground. I love its colours.

Have you bought something recently to make your home prettier?


Last Friday (1 August) I forgot Yorkshire Day. I should have posted something from the area, or a photo of a white rose, the symbol of this largest shire in England. Do you remember the famous line from Shakespeare’s Richard III ?
Now is the winter of our discontent
Remember what follows these lines?
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
Yes, York, as in Yorkshire! And it continues:
And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.
So, I know some Shakespeare but I forgot Yorkshire Day. In my defence, I did watch an episode of Downton Abbey on Friday after enjoying my pizza. Its fictional country estate is in Yorkshire, close to Ripon and Thirsk. Am I forgiven?

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

4 comments:

  1. Your new vase is so beautiful, Lisa. I'm searching for a ceramic vase in a bright shade to add to our living room, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh ooohh what a beauty!!! I can totally relate to falling in love with ceramics! To be honest, I would have bought this vase too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see your final console table and I'm sure this gorgeous vase would look perfect on it! You do know your Shakespeare then? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I will share it when it's done, but he hasn't started building it, yet.

      Of course, they let you take a Shakespeare test before moving to the UK ;-)

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.